TROLLEY INTO TWAIN COUNTRY TOURS
Seasonally, during the months of July and August, we invite you to hop aboard the trolley for a one-hour, narrated tour of historic Elmira, NY.
Trolley into Twain Country!
What you will view on the Trolley into Twain Country Tour:
- Where Mark Twain lived and wrote, including the Mark Twain Study on the campus of Elmira College.
- The beautiful Maple Avenue District adorned with stately Victorian era homes.
- Historic Dunn Field, home of the Elmira Pioneers baseball team and some other fun tidbits of history.
- The Chemung Valley History Museum, where you can come face to face with our intriguing past.
- Civil War Sites including the Civil War Prison Camp and Woodlawn National Cemetery, honoring fallen Civil War Union and Confederate Soldiers as well as modern era Armed Services Veterans.
- The quaint avenues of the Historic Near Westside Neighborhood in Elmira.
- The neo-classical Arnot Art Museum, featuring an envious collection of turn of the century paintings coupled with temporary exhibits showcasing fine art from around the world.
- The Clemens Center, a regional performing arts center and home to the gloriously restored Powers Theater.
- Historic Eldridge Park
Tours run Tuesdays through Saturdays ONLY during July and August. The first tour begins at 10:00 am and the final tour begins at 2:00 pm Tuesday through Saturday. The final tour each day will focus extensively on Twain’s legacy in Elmira and include stops at both the Twain Study, Clemens/Langdon burial site at Woodlawn Cemetery and historic Eldridge Park.
Tours depart on the hour from the Chemung Valley History Museum at 415 East Water Street in Downtown Elmira. The fare is only $8.00 for adults, $4.00 for Students ages 5 to 18, and children 4 and under are free! Reservations and ticket sales for the tours are available at the Chemung Valley History Museum.
To reserve your spot, please call (607) 734-4167!