TROLLEY INTO TWAIN COUNTRY TOURS
Seasonally, during the months of July and August, we invite you to hop aboard the trolley for a one-hour, narrated tour of historic Elmira, NY.
Trolley into Twain Country!
What you will view on the Trolley into Twain Country Tour:
- Where Mark Twain lived and wrote, including the Mark Twain Study on the campus of Elmira College.
- The beautiful Maple Avenue District adorned with stately Victorian era homes.
- Historic Dunn Field, home of the Elmira Pioneers baseball team and some other fun tidbits of history.
- The Chemung Valley History Museum, where you can come face to face with our intriguing past.
- Civil War Sites including the Civil War Prison Camp and Woodlawn National Cemetery, honoring fallen Civil War Union and Confederate Soldiers as well as modern era Armed Services Veterans.
- The quaint avenues of the Historic Near Westside Neighborhood in Elmira.
- The neo-classical Arnot Art Museum, featuring an envious collection of turn of the century paintings coupled with temporary exhibits showcasing fine art from around the world.
- The Clemens Center, a regional performing arts center and home to the gloriously restored Powers Theater.
- Historic Eldridge Park
The status of the summer trolley tours remains uncertain this season, due to the lack of availability of vehicle parts as a result of national supply chain shortages. An update will be provided when more information is known.
For a self-guided Trolley Into Twain County tour, please see the below map!