If you have an event that you would like to promote on the Mark Twain Country website, please submit a tourism event. For more information on posting your event, please contact us.
- This event has passed.
Trek for Tanglewood
September 17, 2020 @ 8:00 am - October 1, 2020 @ 5:00 pm$30
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we will hold our annual fund raiser virtually. By signing up for our first Trek for Tanglewood event, you will be supporting the preservation of over 300 acres of forever wild land and the education of 30,000 children on the wonders of the natural world.
How does it work?
- Register online! If you register by August 20th you’re guaranteed a commemorative t-shirt, but you can register right up until the last day (October 1st). Registration requires a minimum participation fee of $30.
- Participate by hiking any distance at any location (Tanglewood offers almost 10 miles of hiking choice!) between September 17th and October 1st.
- Ask your family and friends to sponsor your hike.
- A prize will be presented to the hiker who raises the most money for Tanglewood – they’ll win an Empire pass to all NY state parks for a year!
Also, don’t forget to snap a picture while you are out and submit for a chance to win additional prizes in the following categories:
- Most money raised – Empire pass to all NY state parks for a year!
- Most creative family hiking photo – 1-year Tanglewood Family Membership plus $25 git certificate to the Nuthatch gift shop
- Best hiking photo with a pet – Ruffwear hiking gear for your dog
- Most inspiring nature selfie while on a hike – Pair of trekking poles
- Funniest hiking photo – Water bottle holder for hiking
- Most unique nature finding while hiking – Backpack for hiking
A donation of at least $30 means you can submit a photo in one category. Give an additional $5 for each extra category you wish to enter. Email your photos to: email@example.com