If you have an event that you would like to promote on the Mark Twain Country website, please submit a tourism event. For more information on posting your event, please contact us.
- This event has passed.
Self-Guided Trolley Into Twain Country Tour
August 3, 2020 - August 5, 2020
Although the trolley tours will not take place this summer, you can still hop in your car and take the self-guided tour! The guide includes a map of the trolley route, complete with descriptions of 20 featured sites. Click here for a PDF of the map.
What you will view on the Trolley into Twain Country Tour:
- Where Mark Twain lived and wrote, including the Mark Twain Study on the campus of Elmira College.
- The beautiful Maple Avenue District adorned with stately Victorian era homes.
- Historic Dunn Field, home of the Elmira Pioneers baseball team and some other fun tidbits of history.
- The Chemung Valley History Museum, where you can come face to face with our intriguing past.
- Civil War Sites including the Civil War Prison Camp and Woodlawn National Cemetery, honoring fallen Civil War Union and Confederate Soldiers as well as modern era Armed Services Veterans.
- The quaint avenues of the Historic Near Westside Neighborhood in Elmira.
- The neo-classical Arnot Art Museum, featuring an envious collection of turn of the century paintings coupled with temporary exhibits showcasing fine art from around the world.
- The Clemens Center, a regional performing arts center and home to the gloriously restored Powers Theater.
- Historic Eldridge Park