If you have an event that you would like to promote on the Mark Twain Country website, please submit a tourism event. For more information on posting your event, please contact us.
- This event has passed.
Chemung County Rabies Clinic
August 5, 2019 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pmFree
ALL DOGS MUST BE ON A LEASH OR SECURELY CONFINED. ALL CATS AND FERRETS MUST BE SECURELY CONFINED. ALL PETS MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A RESPONSIBLE ADULT WHO IS ABLE TO HOLD THE PET DURING VACCINATION.
• Young pets: Puppies, kittens, and ferrets must be at least 3 months of age.
• Initial vaccinations are effective for only one year. Pets must be re-vaccinated one year after initial vaccination.
• Previously vaccinated dogs & cats: Bring proof of vaccination to the clinic to receive a rabies certificate that is good for 3 years*. If no proof provided, the certificate will expire in one year.
• Ferret vaccinations: Ferrets must be vaccinated annually.
• Pregnant or nursing animals: May not be vaccinated if attending veterinarian refuses.
• Duplicate certificates: Duplicate certificates may be purchased at the Chemung County Health Department for a fee of $10.00. Certificates are needed for licensing, interstate travel and accurate record keeping.
• Clinics are for New York State residents only.
• Routine veterinary care is recommended for all pet.
• Vaccinations are FREE, but donations are greatly appreciated!
• For further information, call the SPCA at 732-1827.
• If special assistance is needed at the clinic, please call 737-2019 to register a few days prior to the clinic.
REMEMBER TO BRING PROOF OF PREVIOUS VACCINATION FOR YOUR CAT OR DOG in order to receive a rabies certificate good for 3 years