Trolley Into Twain Country Tours
Seasonally, during the months of July and August, we invite you to hop aboard The Elmiran for a one-hour, narrated tour of historic Elmira, NY.
Trolley into Twain Country!
What you will view on the Trolley into Twain Country Tour:
- Where Mark Twain lived and wrote, including the Mark Twain Study on the campus of Elmira College.
- The beautiful Maple Avenue District adorned with stately Victorian era homes.
- Historic Dunn Field, home of the Elmira Pioneers baseball team and some other fun tidbits of history.
- The Chemung Valley History Museum, where you can come face to face with our intriguing past.
- Civil War Sites including the Civil War Prison Camp and Woodlawn National Cemetery, honoring Civil War fallen Union and Confederate Soldiers as well as modern era Armed Services Veterans.
- The quaint avenues of the Historic Near Westside Neighborhood in Elmira.
- The neo-classical Arnot Art Museum, featuring an envious collection of turn of the century paintings coupled with temporary exhibits showcasing fine art from around the world.
- The Clemens Center, a regional performing arts center and home to the gloriously restored Powers Theater.
Tours run Tuesdays through Saturdays ONLY during July and August. The first tour begins at 10:00 am and the final tour begins at 2:00pm. Tours depart on the hour from the Chemung Valley History Museum at 415 East Water Street in Downtown Elmira. The fare is only $4.00 for adults and $2.00 for children under 12 when accompanied by a parent or guardian. Sign-up and ticket sales for the tours are available at the Chemung Valley History Museum. To reserve your spot or to schedule a trolley tour, please call (607) 734-4167!
2012 Trolley Dates: Tuesday, July 3rd through Saturday, September 1st.
Please note, the trolley will not run on Wednesday, July 4th.